Friday, September 18, 2026

Journal Entry #2





Hi angels! 

It's been a longgg time since my last post, so I have a bunch of updates for you all! (Also sorry for my weird posting schedule, I'll try to be more consistent in the coming weeks.) The first piece of news, and probably the most important, is that I finally moved into my new apartment!!!! I've been eagerly waiting to set up my new place for weeks now and I'm so happy to finally have everything unpacked and organized. Yesterday I spent literally 10 hours decorating my bedroom and desperately trying to fit all of my clothes in the closet... The unit is so nice, and much more spacious than I was anticipating. We also have a real kitchen, and I can finally cook healthy, balanced meals rather than relying on our mediocre dining hall menu. Moving here is a big change for sure, but one that I'm embracing! 


In other news, I also have a new job (kind of)! There's this super cute candy store near my college/apartment that has an adorable nostalgic/vintage vibe to it, and a few days ago I started training there! I haven't gotten my employee schedule yet, so technically I haven't officially started working, but I'm super excited to earn some extra money and have something to pass the time. 

Guys I've actually started reading again omg. I took the longest break from reading for fun (literally like over a year), I just couldn't find the motivation for some reason. However, I recently read The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides, and it totally got me back into reading! Since then I've read And Then There Were None by Agatha Crisite, Never Lie by Freida Mcfadden, Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, and Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. I'm currently working through East of Eden by John Steinbeck, although it has been a considerably slower read than the other books. (Also, can you tell I like thrillers...)


I'm not really someone who reviews books often, but I thought I'd give you all a tiny synopsis/rating for each of the books, incase you're interested! 

The Silent Patient: Greatttt plot twist (although I'm not always the best at catching them...), intriguing storyline and good writing. This book is super quick to read—I finished the whole thing in one night—and is super fun especially if you're in a reading slump! 

And Then There Were None: Very good writing, interesting plot, and a noticeable sense of dread/anxiety throughout the book (which I enjoyed!). Also a super fast read. My only issue is that there are 10 characters you have to simultaneously keep track of, which was difficult at first. 

Never Lie: I actually hated this book. The writing was juvenile, the plot twist didn't make a lot of sense contextually nor did it have that "wow" factor that The Silent Patient had. The premise is very interesting but the writing, dialog, and logic are just a mess. Not to mention the therapy sessions that occur in the book are so poorly conducted it's as if the author did no research into how a therapist should behave with a client. 

Sharp Objects: This was one of my favorites out of all the thrillers I read, and I thought the plot, setting, and characters were all constructed very well. I also liked the darker themes in this book, as well as the eerie small town it takes place in. Great atmosphere and again, another quick read!

Man's Search for Meaning: Definitely the "best" book I read out of all of these. The subject matter is very heavy, but forces readers to confront necessary truths. Frankl's discussion of logotherapy was also fascinating, and I took away many lessons that I can apply in my daily life. 

Well, that's about all I have to update you all on right now! I'm looking forward to the colder weather, and (surprisingly) I'm excited to get back into the routine of school again. Hope you guys are enjoying autumn as much as I am! Talk soon xx 

Oh I almost forgot, here are some pics of my new room <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post!

Journal Entry #3

 

⋅˚₊‧ Scribble Wall ‧₊˚ ⋅