Monday, August 10, 2026

Interior design features I'm loving right now

 Hello Angels!

Going into my sophomore year of college, I am so excited to be living in an apartment with one of my best friends! One of the things I am looking forward to the most (besides having independence, my own room, and an actual kitchen...) is getting to decorate our space! So, to get my creative juices flowing a little bit I thought I'd talk about some interior design choices I'm loving at the moment. Enjoy! xx


  • Ruched Bedding 

Oh my gosh I'm in love with this type of bedding! There is something so luxurious about the different layers of fabric, and even if the bedspread is a plain color the texture adds so much dimension! This style has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and I'm really hoping to find a similar duvet for my bedroom. 



  • Paper Lampshades
As someone who despises the "big light", paper lampshades are really the only overhead lighting that I can tolerate. The material helps mute bright bulbs, and I love how organic and natural the texture is! Lamps with unique patterns also add another layer of intrigue to a room, and having a focal point that draws the eye is (in my opinion) essential. 

  • Room Dividers
I am in love with room dividers these days, and I feel like they add such a romantic, vintage feel to a room. Plus, using a screen to partition out a space can be great for organization, or creating designated areas in a room. I especially love dividers that incorporate unique materials or hand-drawn art—I think they really help elevate a space! 


  • Floor-length Mirrors
As someone who loves trying on outfits endlessly, having a full-body mirror to do so makes the process soooo much easier. Mirrors are also really helpful for creating the illusion of a larger space, which is a must for a small apartment like mine. Besides, who doesn't love taking mirror pics?? 

  • Hanging Fans 
I've been seeing these large, statement fans that go above beds circulating on Pinterest, and I have to say that I am obsessed! I love having something unique above a bed, and to me a fan is so much more interesting than a painting. I love how customizable they are, and the way they effortlessly lay is so dreamy. This is an essential for my future bedroom! 

  • Silver Accents 
I am a silver girl through and through, and I love the idea of incorporating small details throughout my apartment. Whether big or small, I think any amount of silver makes a huge difference. Specially, vintage pieces that are 100% sterling have such an antique and sophisticated feel to them. One of my dreams is to find an authentic, silver hairbrush—I need the thrift gods to answer my prayers...


  • Lace Everywhere 
Adding a variety of textural elements to a space make it feel so much more vibrant, customized, and lived in. My favorite way to do this is with lace or crochet. From curtains to table runners, I love the look of soft, delicate fabric contrasted with wood or metal. Lace is also so feminine, which I adore!






  • Clothes as Decoration 
If you have an abundance of clothes like me, you likely also struggle with storing them. However, I think one of the most beautiful and practical things to do with your favorite pieces is to display them! Whether you hang them from a wardrobe or showcase them on a rack, clothes add such great personal quality to any space.  

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to redecorate my room and I am so obsessed with all of these!! Such cute ideas! Finding good quality sheets that aren't overpriced is damn near impossible especially for those cute ruched duvet covers, so if you happen to find good ones let me know haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad this post was helpful. Literally I've been struggling to find sheets that are good quality... I saw some on Urban Outfitters that had a similar vibe, but I'll keep u posted <3

      Delete

Most Recent Post!

Interior design features I'm loving right now

  Hello Angels! Going into my sophomore year of college, I am so excited to be living in an apartment with one of my best friends! One of th...

⋅˚₊‧ Scribble Wall ‧₊˚ ⋅