Hello angels!
Autumn is quickly approaching and I could not be happier!! As someone who is really sensitive to heat, and loves fall fashion (not to mention pumpkin spice flavored things), I'm so ready for summer to be over. This is one of the first times that I haven't dreaded the new school year; weirdly enough I feel ready for it, maybe even excited? Crazy, I know. While I can't stand the heavy workload, walking to class everyday, or the dreaded winter quarter, I'm excited to see my college friends I've been missing all summer. Plus, getting to live in my own apartment and be fully independent is a much needed change. Omg speaking of my apartment, guess what I found yesterday while thrifting: A screen divider!! I've been wanting one for sooo long, and I was lucky enough to find this gorgeous carved wood divider for only $65. I'm so obsessed with it and I can't wait to set it up in my new room!!
To be honest, this summer has been pretty rough. In late June I started using Tretinoin for my acne, and honestly ever since I've been pretty miserable. For those of you who don't know, Tretinoin acts as a mechanism that speeds up cell turn-over and collagen production. So basically, all of the pimples that have been "marinating" under the surface of my skin are now popping up much faster. Even though this is a good way to clear everything out and give my skin a fresh start, the purging phase has been undeniably hellish. I feel like I wake up with new pimples every morning, not to mention my annoyingly dry skin (another side effect of the treatment) that makes my makeup peel. Ugh it's been soooo annoying and I'm just hoping that my skin will chill out soon. As I'm writing this blog post, things have calmed down a bit, but I don't want to jinx it... If anyone reading this has struggled with their skin before, just know that I'm going through it right now and I feel your pain. :(
But enough of that. In other news, one of my latest endeavors has been getting 10k steps everyday. I realized that despite working out consistently, I wasn't really doing enough cardio to see results. And, since I absolutely despise running, I figured walking was the best way to achieve my fitness goals. It's been about two weeks so far and I haven't missed a day! I recently got a walking pad, which has been so convenient to get my steps in—I can listen to music, scroll on TikTok, watch a show, or do work all while walking. Does it look ridiculous? Yes! But it works, so whatever.
Is anyone else on the freaky side of TikTok? Lately I swear my whole fyp has been filled with "fragrantica", those "wrong text" slideshows, and now this new cake candle trend. (If you don't know what any of these are then this is really embarrassing for me lol). Honestly, I'm not mad about it, but it's kind of crazy that this content has gotten so popular. Sometimes I catch myself giggling over these videos and I feel like I'm 13 again.
I'm trying to figure out Halloween costumes, and I'm stressingggg. Like yes, I know I have plenty of time, but last year I was scrambling to put looks together and I don't want to go through that again. Since Halloween falls on a Saturday (I think...?) this year, I'll probably need 2-3 different outfits. If anyone has any niche-ish ideas please please please let me know!! So far I think I'm going to go as Brittany Spears from her "...Baby One More Time" music video, but beyond that I have no clue. Please, help a girl out!
That's all for now angels, stay tuned for the next journal entry!
Xoxo,
Madeleine <3

.gif)


bro yes lol i am also on the freaky side of tiktok. i also feel 13 again reading wattpad and kicking my feet. i havent seen the cake candle one but now im intrigued lol. i'm also soooo excited to live in my new apartment with my college friends, i've been collecting decoration inspo and making some myself. so excited halloween is on a saturday!! trust i'm going to be outside. i'm thinking about being a mad scientist and a medieval apothecary? just ideas so far. i think a medieval knight could be reallyyyy cute and fit your aesthetic! idk how niche that is lol but i think it's really cute :))
ReplyDeleteOmg wait I'm so glad u know what I'm talking about!!! Yesss halloween this year is gonna be so fun. Wait I'm obsessed with the knight idea I've seen in on Pinterest before and it looks so cute. Thanks for the help!! <333
DeleteGirlll I loved reading this and I was Brittany for Halloween last year and it was super easy and cute! Some more Halloween costume ideas: pirate, Jennifer (from Jennifer's Body), spider women, subway surfer, cheshire cat, corpse bride, zombie or any horror movie character. That's all the ideas I have for rn (sorry they're not very niche) but if you're looking for more ideas you can look on Pinterest, they have some pretty good ideas on there.
ReplyDeleteAwww I'm so glad you liked reading it!! These are all such good ideas, and definitely doable. Thank you so much angel!!! xoxo
Deleteofcccc babessss I love this!!
Delete